Thursday, October 6, 2011

Latest appointment (possible TMI) and cloth diapers

I had a doctors appointment yesterday.  It was the first time I was "checked" by my midwife.  Wowza!  I wasn't quite ready for that experience!

Turns out I'm a cm dilated and 60% effaced.  The end of being pregnant is near!

Dan and I have also started taking birthing education classes from our Doula.  The first meeting felt long, but again, it kept me up past my bed time, so the last hour was tainted by the fact that I wanted to be in pjs and sleeping already.

We are in the class with two other couples.  One of which I know through a friend, and we were facebook  pals, even though we met for the first time at the meeting.

Our doula open the class up by wanting to talk about our fears with child birth.  Seemed like a good idea.  The other two women both talked about the pain involved with pushing a human out of their body.  I'm not too worried about that - which I don't know why, especially after my last exam open my eyes to the whole new world of pain I will soon be experiencing.  When it came to me I talked about control, or the lack thereof that I'll have/not have in the birth.  And I cried a lot.  It was a bit awkward to be snot faced in front of 5 strangers, but whatever.  I'm pregnant.  I'm gonna cry if I want to. 

We'll be meeting for the next three Mondays, which if baby Swift stays put until her due date, it will work fine.  If not, well, then we'll get hands on training with birthing education!

The last new development in our baby world is Dan and I took the leap from talking about using cloth diapers to actually buying our cloth diapers.  We are picking them up on Saturday.  I'm super excited (about diapers...?)!  We are using Bum Genius if you are curious.  You can be sure I'll let you know what I think.  *And because I just have to share, our diapers are coming in Butternut, Clementine, Twilight, Ribbit, and White.  There going to be a cute diaper butt in our future! 



bumGenius Elemental - Made with Organic
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Bubble
Bubble
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Noodle
Noodle
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Sweet
Sweet
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Blossom
Blossom
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Butternut
Butternut
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Clementine
Clementine
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Grasshopper
Grasshopper
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Moonbeam
Moonbeam
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Ribbit
Ribbit
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Twilight
Twilight
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - White
White
bumGenius Elemental All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper Snap Closure - Zinnia
Zinnia
bumGenius Elemental
It really is as easy to use as a disposable diaper. Using the snaps on the front of the diaper, adjust the size if needed, put the diaper on your baby, wash, dry and re-use. No extra steps. No stuffing. No cover required. Our one-size diapers are designed to fit most babies weighing between 7 and 35 pounds.
Highlights
  • Absorbent layer integrated into the waterproof outer layer.
  • One step cloth diaper - no stuffing!
  • Now also available in snap closures! Two rows of snaps ensure a trim, bumGenius fit everytime!
  • Ultra-absorbent, certified organic cotton inner.
  • Gentle leg elastic contains the mess!
bumGenuis Elemental AIO One-Size Cloth Diaper has 4 sizes in 1 - Extra Small, Small, Medium, and Large

No comments:

Post a Comment