Thursday, July 14, 2011

"I can expand again"

I read the message below today on Marvelous Kiddo. I've been reading birth stories long before I was pregnant. I have always loved pregnant women, watching them grow and be a holy vessel while just being themselves. Birth stories are one of those things that I find so interesting. Soon, I will have one.

This letter is such a sweet way to explain the change that happens when a baby is born.

My dearest Daughter,

Just three days ago you came into this world, and my life changed forever. That was the day I realized there was no limit to my love. There are no borders, no confines to restrict the fierce affection that courses through me. The walls of my heart encompass only that, my heart, not my love. There are no walls, no boundaries to restrain my feelings. Just because I love your brother with all of my being doesn't mean that I can't expand again and love you too, with every ounce of my self. It's almost funny now that I was afraid of that. I was afraid of figuring out how I would fit more love into my life, afraid that there was no way I could love anyone or anything else like I love your brother. And then I met you, and you proved me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment