Monday, July 11, 2011

GRRRRrrrrrrr...

I'm not really that upset.

Dan and I have been having an ongoing conversation about our baby's name since the NCAA basketball tournament. He suggested Shaka after the coach of that one final four team that I don't remember. Since then our name picks have been more for a reaction than serious.

However, recently there have been a few that have stuck. Finding out we were having a girl has narrowed the field, but it also made the search more...thougtful. We've tossed around family names, popular names, looked through the lists that our family members have provided. On my latest visit to see Dan I threw out one while in the car on our way to see James. What do you think about, "Harper"? Almost immediately Dan turned to me and said, "I really like that." We are both a fan of To Kill A Mockingbird, in fact, we were talking about Boo Radley's character when the thought popped into my head. It just seemed to fit.

We didn't carve it in store, or state it as THE name, but it was a nice feeling to have one that we both, just, paused over.

Well, today I have been organizing my sewing materials and clearing out the sewing space. All in an effort to convert the second room into a baby space. There is progress! I picked up 10 bins from Target and things are getting labeled! I was sorting my chapstick-making materials when Entertainment Tonight casually announced in the back ground that Victoria and David Beckham announced that their newest baby was going to be named "Harper ....something...."

(insert boggle eyeballs)

It's not the end of the world, but I'm a bit bummed. They stole our name!

I still really like the name, but c'mon. They are supposed to pick a name that fits in with Apple, and Coco, and all those other superstar names. (I guess Harper fits that mold, but I don't want to admit that.)

Anyway, that was a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment