Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Developmental leaps

Still no pictures of Harper walking, but I've only got two hands!  Soon though - this weekend we will be visiting a set of Grandparents and that will help!

A couple side effects of Harper's new skills:

 1)  She is ready to take a nap when it comes time.  Her little brain is working overtime putting together all of the info needed to stay balanced, put one foot in front of the other, and stay on her feet.  She has been napping like a pro!
 
2)  We're seeing a cranky side to her that is a bit unusual.  She has been such an even-tempered baby, that it's obvious she doesn't know how to compute all of the new things she thinks/wants to do. We can almost see the dialogue in her head as it plays out:

I want up!  I want down!  Don't touch me!  Why aren't you touching me?!  Why are you over there?  Come here!  Leave me alone!  I'm tired!  I don't want to lay down!!  Don't leave the room!  Why are you gone!!!  zzzzzz......

Poor little thing.  It has to be frustrating.  

3) She is eating more.  

The life of an 11 month old! 



No comments:

Post a Comment